How to Apply
Prospective grantees should initiate the application process by sending a short two or three page letter of inquiry to the Program Director. There are no set deadlines, and letters of inquiry are reviewed throughout the year. The Foundation only accepts full proposals upon positive response to the letter of inquiry. The letter of inquiry should briefly explain:
- the scope and significance of the problem to be addressed;
- the organization's proposed response and (if appropriate) how this strategy builds upon the organization's past work;
- the specific demonstrable effects the project would have if successful, especially its potential to effect systemic (fundamental, institutional and significant) change;
- how the project promotes change on a national level and is otherwise related to the foundation's guidelines;
- the size of the organization’s budget.
We accept letters of inquiry by email (PDF or Word files only) to email@example.com, by fax to 212-230-9849 or by regular mail to the address below. In an effort to limit use of paper, email is the preferred method. Please use only ONE method; do not send duplicates.
Mailing address: 147 East 48th Street, New York, NY 10017
All inquiries will be acknowledged within approximately 4 weeks upon receipt and, if deemed promising, the Foundation will request a full proposal.
Programs seeking funding must be tax exempt and focused primarily on domestic issues.